Friday, March 29, 2013

Geraniums at their peak

 Geraniums are at their peak this week.  We've had a few cool nights in the upper 30s which helped.  I water as needed and fertilizer every week or two.
Knock Out roses are showing their stuff.  I'm continuing  to fertilize monthly alternating with a water soluble and a granular lawn type.

The columbine, iris, and petunias are at peak.  Inpatients are beginning to expand.  I've notice aphids on the hibiscus so will need to spray

Joe spread compost/top dressing on the grass this week.  Drip is doing so well but it still needs maintenance for leaks.  Hope I'm not over watering

Tomatoes are blooming.  I was surprised to see the summer squash already setting fruit.  This year I'm going to dust weekly with sevin to prevent those squash borers from killing the plants.  The lower leaves of the beans took a beating from the wind (brown spots) but seem to be recovering nicely.  Dill and cilantro are taking over but the basil is sure taking its timer to germinate.

I've starting transplanting or buying plants for the SHLC women's ministry.  Kock our rose, plumbago, rock rose, fire bush, lantana, yellow bell and Mexican petunia.

Visited the Botantical Garden this week so I could compare our gardens.  The BG still has it's winter annuals on display.  REMEMBER SWISS CHARD!  It's a beautiful annual in the landscaping.  The children's garden looks like my veggie garden.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment